This week in 60 seconds…
- It’s been an exciting week for admen and adwomen everywhere this week as Adobe launched its Advertising Cloud, synchronising search, social and even TV. It’s a digital hoarders dream come true
- From AdClouds to AdWords – if you run SEO campaigns for a living you might be interested to know that Google AdWords has made some big changes to exact match keyword targeting
- Instead of matching keywords, LinkedIn has begun rolling out Matched Audiences – a new approach to strategic targeting
- Speaking of audiences, the older generations (that’s people who are 65 – 74 apparently) are the group most influenced by ads on Instagram
- On the subject of Instagram, the platform has now made it possible to save live videos for use later – which could come in handy if you fancy nipping off for a pint midway through an event…
- Before we leave Instagram behind, all those who work in retail marketing should know that the platform is now more shoppable than ever with the introduction of self-serve tools
- With modifications on the brain, a new chip has been created with the potential to enable computer vision and voice control on any device, edging us ever closer to the era where you’ll literally never have to move… ever
- From lazy behaviour to consumer behaviour: what do your gif choices say about you?
- It’s important to understand that consumer behaviour must be at the very heart of your campaigns but, when it comes to male customers, are you pandering to ‘real men’ or to the ken dolls of the world?
- Because everyone knows that real men play Subway Surfers, right?
A final thought…
It’s more important than ever to think about who your audience is and what they expect from your brand. Take Instagram, for example – the largest demographic of active users is 18 – 29 year olds. However, the statistic about older generations, given above, suggests that your demographic is split, not just by age, but by needs and interests. Therefore, you should think about how you can split your demographic up and use varying techniques to appeal to each segment individually.
#SHARE60 Data and more: