This week in 60 seconds…
- Dove, known for inspiring women to feel confident about their bodies, has pulled their latest ad due to backlash from people who have deemed it as undermining the legal right to breastfeed in public
- Whilst Dove is pulling its visuals down, Photobucket is ‘blackmailing’ people to keep them up…
- And Instagram is just trying to get people to make more of them as it deals its latest blow to Snapchat
- Speaking of Instagram, if you want your handle to be as on fleek as possible check out which trends could blow up on the platform next
- If your Instagram usage is high enough that you didn’t have to reread the phrase on fleek you may be retargeted through Facebook in the very near future
- That retargeting will inevitably lead to absent-minded scrolling and the potential discovery of the influencers who decided to choose Facebook over YouTube
- Perhaps it’s because piracy is rife on YouTube as the Daily Mail has been exemplifying recently
- Or maybe it’s just because YouTube is saturated by Creators whereas Facebook’s pay scheme has only just launched, coinciding with its new paid subscriptions
- Whilst Facebook is charging more for its services, Twitter and Virgin have teamed up so now your Tweeting costs nothing…
- And it’s troll free thanks to a new auto-mute feature, giving you the power to silence the haters
A final thought…
With influencers picking and choosing their platforms, it’s more important than ever to understand which ones are more appropriate for your brand and your values. Think about your target audience, their needs and which Creators they will affiliate with the most.
When consumers were asked about the degree of influence a brand’s social presence would have on their buying decisions, only 7.4% claimed it would make an impact. In contrast, over 70% of consumers said third party recommendations on social media would affect their decision to purchase.With consumers becoming increasingly wary of products being pushed on them, could influencers be just what brands need to regain some of that trust?
This week, SHARE said goodbye to those post-Goodwood Festival of Speed blues and took to the track in an almighty Go Karting Battle of Speed. Competition was high, the lap times were low; check out our Instagram page to see who took the title!